As Toss Yer Cabers has grown, we have felt the need to prepare proper legally binding Terms and Conditions to help us continue to maintain a safe, fun and inclusive environment for all who attend.
Our goal is to clarify rules and expectations, and protect participants, volunteers, organizers and the event itself.
By purchasing a ticket for a Toss Yer Cabers event you are agreeing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions, which cover a wide array of topics such as harassment, dress code, the refund policy and many more, please read them carefully.
Terms and Conditions
This ticket is issued by Wargamers Without Borders Society (WGWB) for the Toss Yer Cabers Tournament (the “Event”) at the Croatian Cultural Centre (the “Venue”).
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between you and WGWB (the “Terms”). It is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to the purchase of tickets. There may be additional terms and conditions imposed by the Venue.
Please read these Terms carefully. By purchasing tickets, you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms. If you choose not to be bound by the Terms then you must not purchase tickets or attend the Event.
Failure to comply with these Terms may result in the immediate ejection of an attendee from the event without refund, and you may be banned from attending future WGWB events.
WGWB reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time without notification to you. Such changes will be reflected on the WGWB website and it is your responsibility to monitor the website for any changes.
By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to be bound by the following:
1. Your ticket represents a revocable licence to attend the Event and Venue. This licence may be revoked at any time by WGWB at its sole discretion, including without notification or refund.
2. All attendees must be in possession of a valid ticket, either electronic or printed, at all times. Obscured or altered tickets will become void and the holder may be refused admission.
Arrival and Conditions of Entry
3. Event details, timings and car park arrangements are subject to change. It is the responsibility of attendees to monitor for changes before arrival.
4. Attendees must check in with staff and volunteers prior to entering the Venue, and either present a valid ticket or purchase a Guest Pass. Attendees must always wear the assigned name badge or Guest Pass in a visible manner when inside the Venue.
5. While every effort is made to provide reasonable access for attendees with disabilities in accordance with the B.C. Human Rights Code, WGWB cannot guarantee access. If you have accessibility concerns or limitations, please advise WGWB in advance of the event so reasonable accommodations can be made if possible.
6. Attendees are required to adhere to the following dress code and violators may be subject to refusal of entry or ejection without refund:
- a) Clothing that indicates a real world political affiliation or allegiance is forbidden;
- b) Clothing that displays symbols associated with hate groups or ideology is forbidden;
- c) Clothing that contains offensive language, either direct or implied is forbidden;
- d) Replica versions of real-world weapons are not permitted;
- e) Any costumes must be designed with health and safety and public decency in mind; and
- f) Attendees may be asked to alter or remove unacceptable clothing, costumes and/or accessories at WGWB’s sole discretion.
7. No children under the age of 18 years will be admitted to the Venue unless accompanied by an adult parent or guardian aged 18 years or over. WGWB takes no responsibility for children under the age of 18. The parent or guardian must supervise the child at all times.
8. Animals are not permitted at the Venue with the exception of officially trained and registered support animals.
Safety and Security
9. WGWB and the Venue reserve the right to conduct security searches of all persons attending the Event and their possessions at any time.
10. WGWB and the Venue reserve the right to, at their sole discretion, refuse access to, or eject from the Venue without refund any person who:
- a) unreasonably refuses to be searched;
- b) is considered harmful, undesirable or offensive; or
- c) is deemed necessary to remove in the interests of security.
11. Where an attendee is denied entry or ejected from the Venue, the reasons for removal will remain confidential unless WGWB determine at their sole discretion that is in the interests of attendee safety to disclose those reasons, or where required by law.
12. Attendees must comply with all applicable health and safety orders and regulations (including all applicable provincial and federal guidance) and any other measures or policies which may apply to the Event or Venue.
13. Attendees are expected to act with courtesy and respect to all staff, volunteers and participants, and contribute to a safe, welcoming environment.
14. Harassment will not be tolerated. Harassment is defined as any behaviour that threatens or impugns any person’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religious belief. Harassment also includes the use of overtly sexual language or use of images either online or in person, intimidation, stalking, inappropriate physical conduct, and unwelcome sexual attention. Advocating or encouraging any of the above is also considered harassment. WGWB reserves the right to amend the definition of harassment at its sole discretion.
15. No smoking is permitted at the Venue other than in areas designated for smoking; this applies to both tobacco products and electronic vapes. Cannabis consumption is not permitted on the Venue premises.
16. Attendees may bring reasonable personal quantities of outside food such as soft drinks and snacks. No outside alcohol is permitted at the Event. Any person found to be consuming alcohol not purchased at the event will be ejected immediately without refund.
17. If a person below the legal drinking age is found to be consuming alcohol, they will be ejected immediately alongside their parent or guardian without refund.
18. General filming and photography for personal use is permitted. Filming and photography for professional purposes requires written permission from WGWB. If an attendee has intent to film a longer portion of a game then they must get permission from all attendees involved, and immediately stop filming if requested.
19. Raffle tickets may only be purchased by attendees of legal gambling age and is restricted to ticketed attendees or volunteers. Those attending on a Guest Pass are not permitted to purchase raffle tickets.
20. Any complaints regarding the Event or behaviour of other attendees should be made to WGWB promptly before or during the Event. Please raise any issues with the tournament organisers and stewards available at the Event, or otherwise by contacting [email protected].
Cancellation, Changes and Refunds
21. If the Event is unable to proceed due to unforeseen circumstances, WGWB has the right at its sole discretion to:
- a) Reschedule the event;
- b) Issue a partial or full refund;
- c) Not issue a refund; or
- d) Any combination of the above.
22. If you are unable to attend:
- a) Tickets are transferrable, or the value may be donated to WGWB, through the online ticketing system.
- b) Tickets are fully refundable until thirty (30) days prior to the event. No refunds will be issued after this point without the express consent of WGWB, which may be granted or withheld at its sole discretion.
23. Neither WGWB nor the Venue accepts responsibility for personal property brought into the Venue. Items may not be stored at the Venue without prior approval from WGWB.
24. Unclaimed property will be inventoried and stored for 14 days following the Event. After this point it will be donated to a charity designated by WGWB. WGWB is not responsible for the condition in which the property is returned to its’ owner. While every effort will be made to return items to their owners, it is the owner’s responsibility to collect items or arrange for delivery at the owner’s expense.
25. Any purchased items bundled with a ticket purchase must be claimed on the day of the Event; any unclaimed items will be considered a donation to the event.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
26. In no circumstances shall WGWB, its officers, or employees be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including (without limiting the generality of the foregoing) any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with your use of, access to or your reliance on, or your inability to use or access, the Event or Venue.
27. Attendees shall be responsible for and indemnify WGWB fully for any loss or damage caused by the act or default of an attendee.